Sermon Outline and Audio
Scripture Focus- 1 John 2:15-17
When we do the will of God we are not working for the victory, but from the victory. We are not trying to earn salvation, we are expressing we have been saved.
When you do the will of God you express love for God.
- God is the source, expression, and focus of love. 1 John 4:8
- God fills our hearts with love. Romans 5:5
- God commands us to love. Matthew 22:37-40
- God’s love flows through us. John 13:35
Position (saved by grace), Posture (humility toward God), Practice (live in obedience)
When you do the will of God you focus on the eternal.
- Lust of the flesh= strong desire driven by the sin nature
- Lust of the eyes= wanting what you do not have
- Pride of life= inordinate focus on what you do have
The world and its lust is passing away.
When you do the will of God you remain forever.
To remain is to abide or continue with God in eternal communion.
- Enter into fellowship with God by faith.
- Express fellowship with God in obedience.
- Extend fellowship with God to others.
What are you most passionately and purposefully pursuing in your life?